Sunday 18 February 2007

Still Not Settled

I bet your all wondering whats happening with us? I wish I could tell you lots of interesting things but we are still in the hotel (23 days)!!!! Yes its a little depressing and I haven't really been doing that much. I have gone to a couple of lunches for the ladies birthdays and trying to get Paige toilet trained as she can not attend the school until she is, so things here havent gotton off to a great start. After viewing a number of houses and agreeing we would like to live in them all it turns out that they are all out of our budget. We are given a budget from the company and depending on what level Ben is at work and how many children we have determines the budget we get. I cant believe children are some sort of barging chip, anyway thats the way I see how it works. The Mongolian people also would rather see a house remain empty then to get a reduce rent. We could pay an extra $500 per month out of our own pockets to move into a house but all said and done no one else does that from the company. The housing department has totally let us down and we have spoken to people about this and things are going to be sorted out they have asured me. We came here thinking we would be living in a house but turns out we will be living in an apartment. I have come to terms with that but what I can not figure out is how can we choose an apartment if I dont know whats on the market? Which once again I have let it be known. Since we have been here I have been shown three apartments and all have been unsuitable (dog boxes) so thats why we viewed the houses, I am hoping to view some more apartrments next week. If we can not find a suitable apartment we may have to pay the extra money to rent the house which I hope it doesnt come to that. I am hoping that next time I write I will be able to tell you all about where we will be living.
Bernadette

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys,
Sorry to hear your housing is becoming a problem. Hope it all works out soon.