Monday 5 February 2007

One Day at a Time

How things can change from one day to another. We were going to be moving out of the hotel into a guest apartment but a number of consultants are coming for the company so that move has been put on hold.
Yesterday I got to go for a walk on my own to explore the city. Ben and Paige had daddy time together, we all met up for lunch.
Exploring the city on my own was well worth it as I was able to get more of my bearings, even did some window shopping.
In the afternoon we called for one of the drivers to pick us up and take us for a drive. I wanted to see what the distance between two of the areas were we are looking at living in. The house which is out of town is only 2km away and the apartment we are yet to view is on the other side of the city about the same distance away from the heart of the city. We will get to view the apartment sometime this week when the person returns from break. Its such a big decision as we will be here for a while.
There is so much to get used to here that is new for us. As I mentioned we have to call for a driver as we are not given our own personal driver. This takes some getting used to as once we get settled I have to email a week ahead my travel plans so a driver can be arranged for us. If I decide that I want to go out on a spare of the moment plan then I have to call dispatch and they will send a car if one is free. If no car is available then a taxi will be sent which we have to cover the costs. We can look at hiring our own driver at our own cost so I am looking into that now. I am still getting a feel for the way things work here.
Ben headed out to site today so at least he can now settle into his position.
Bernadette

No comments: