Monday 12 February 2007

Still Hotel Bound

It's been two weeks and three days and I wish I could say that we are now settled in but we are still in the hotel. After deciding on where we would like to live last week the housing department has been having trouble contacting the landlord of the house. So that means we are stuck at the hotel. I was hoping that things would have been sorted out by now but looks like our luck isn't with us at the moment. We were meant to move into a guest apartment but consultants are staying there instead of us. Both Paige and I are suffering with colds so remaining positive is becoming quite difficult.
Ben returned back from site after his first week at work and things didn't go as smooth as expected, lets just say settling in will require ironing out some wrinkles.
I think its important to write about both the positive and negative experiences that we have as many people expect living overseas to be exciting and yes it is but when things don't go to plan it makes you realise that you have to expect the unexpected and your not living in a first world country like Australia anymore. Well I just wanted to update everyone on whats been happening with us I wish it was a bit more exciting but you will all just have to wait until next time hopefully our luck is changing, fingers crossed.
Bernadette

No comments: