Thursday 3 January 2008

View From The Top

Our first day of the year we decided to take a drive and explore an outer area of the city. That was after getting the car jump started. Once again the battery hadn't kept its charge it had to be replaced, that's another tale to be told in another blog.
As we drove around we decided to see where one of the roads went, we ended up on top of a very large hill. We parked the car and walked to the top to get a better view. While walking a number of cows that we had passed down the hill in the car appeared out of no where and walked on by, Paige decided she wanted to know where they were going my answer was "Maybe to get something to eat" she was happy with that. The view would of been a lot better from the top if the smog wasn't hanging over the city. It was kind of amazing to be standing there breathing fresh air compared to what we could see above the city.
I decided to take some photos and was amazed at how cold my fingers became in such a short time. I seem to forget that just a short drive can give you a rest from the dirty, drab, polluted city that we call home for now.
I can honestly say that I am totally over living in Mongolia, well for today anyway. Life wasn't meant to be this hard dealing with day to day living, the cold and the lack of fresh air. I am so glad that at end of next week we are off for a seven day break from Mongolia. I wont say where but to give you a clue, its hot, sunny and I hope not so polluted so you will have to wait for the up and coming blogs to see where we went.


Picture: Family photo from the top of the hill, with the haze in the back ground



Picture: One of the cows that passed us by

Picture: Safe travel blessing post on top of the hill

Picture: View of part of the dirty city



Picture: View from looking down at the look out

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Reading your blog makes me realize what an amazing life you have in Mongolia ! I thought Balikpapan was hardship – but this is no way near our ‘easy’ life in Balikpapan ! I think you are doing a great job up there!