Friday 4 January 2008

Ice Sculptures & 60 Blogs later

This blog marks number 60 for us. I decided to read back over some of our past blogs and cant believe the ups and downs that we (I) have had in Mongolia. The weather, pollution, boredom, isolation and the rude people have all been a low part of our (my) stay here.
In saying that there are high lights of living in Mongolia as well which we (I) will never forget, experiencing the culture, seeing some sights we will never see anywhere else in the world, travelling and the friendships we (I) have made.
Reaching 60 blogs to date I think is a great feat and reaching another 60 blogs, well I don't think that will happen from Mongolia and if it does I think I am going to be in need of some intense therapy to work out how we (I) stayed here that long.
Below is a number of photos I have taken over the past two weeks around town to do with ice sculptures. Without the weather being as cold as it is here we wouldn't of had the chance to view these works of art in the street. Paige just loved being able to slide down the ice slides that where in the square. Something so simple as a slippery footpath becomes play time in Paige's eyes, her laughter while having fun is such a nice sound to hear.








For all the people who have followed our travels here in Mongolia through reading our blog I want to say a BIG THANK YOU for sending your positive feedback to me as knowing that you all enjoy reading it makes me keep updating the posts.
Fingers crossed that when the 100th blog is posted it will have nothing to do with Mongolia !!!!!!

No comments: