Wednesday 25 April 2007

Spring Has Arrived

The weather is sure heating up here. It is now spring here and the city takes on a different look. Not having to wear a coat or hat, taking a walk around the streets the only thing you have to worry about is the wind. With the change in weather most of the plants are getting some colour to them, a very pale green infact. I am looking forward to summer to see what the city looks like then. People tell me that the wind will get quite bad over the coming weeks so I am sure the dust here will get a lot worse.
On arriving back from our trip to China I did a radio interview which was for the local ABC station in Kalgoorlie. I thought it was going to per recorded and to my surprise it was live to air. I was a bit nervous and tried to answer the questions as best as I could. The interview lasted for about 10 minutes and I hoped I gave all the listeners an insight to living in Mongolia. I was suprised to hear that one of the ladies who lives here, her father heard the interview as he lives in Kalgoorlie and had made mention of it to his daughter. Small world!!!!!!
Last week our items arrived from Indonesia that we sent so I was a bit busy trying to find homes for everything in the apartment. I am glad we only sent 20 boxes. It took me a while to put everything away as I hoped a magic fairy would appear to help out but with no luck it didn't. Unpacking some items that reminded me of Indonesia sure made me miss all my friends there as well as Siti and Undu.
With all our good memories from our time in Balikpapan makes me wonder what I will think about when we leave Mongolia when Ben's contract is finished in another year and a half.
Next weekend we head to the country side to stay in a ger (traditional Mongolian house). The HR department has arranged a weekend away for some of the new families so with a number of activities planned I think this experience will be interesting and look forward to updating my blog on our experiences.

No comments: