Tuesday 10 April 2007

Another Week Goes By

Since I last wrote I have finally nearly gotten over my cold. I found myself held up in the apartment as I couldn't face going anywhere. I am glad that my cold is nearly gone as we head off to Beijing tomorrow for a short break away. It seems strange to be hearing myself say that we are going to Beijing for a break. I have always wanted to go to China and when Ben and I travelled to HongKong many years ago we where able to do a day trip and enjoyed it very much. I am very excited to be visiting there and we plan on doing some sight seeing. Many of the ladies do shopping there as living in Mongolia you can not get many western sizes in clothes and shoes so Ben and I hope to do catch up on that. I am not to sure what to expect but as usual will take the experience day by day and consult the lonely plant as we usually do. You will have to stay tuned to my blog to hear all about our trip.
I took a walk today do catch up on doing a bit of day to day shopping. I was trying to find some nappies for Paige for of a night. As usual it took me a while to find the brand I like to buy as many shops where out of stock I think I went into 10 shops in total.
The weather is heating up and it was quite pleasant walking, I think it was a about 5 degrees hmm heat wave. The snow is all melted and I didnt have to wear a coat so that felt good. Its amazing how many people I still notice spit here. When we first arrived and I saw this action of the people and I thought I was going to be sick, it made my stomach turn. It amazes me people dont think anything of it. I try not to look down at the foot paths as the state of them is so dirty from spit and dust. People tell me it is just as bad in China so who knows what I will find there.
The other interesting thing is I am going to be interview by the ABC Kalgoorlie radio next week. Monday in fact. To cut a long story short my mum was talking to some one from the radio station, I think a friend of hers and they thought interviewing me would be interesting listening about living overseas so I will keep you posted on that as well.
Well until next time its just a quick up date.

No comments: