Saturday 30 October 2010

Halloween in Jakarta

"Trick-a-Treat" it seems the magic words to the children's hearts at this time of the year.
Being overseas, Halloween is a popular event that is celebrated. We didn't have to travel very far at all as the housing complex we live in hosted a evening which saw many children dressing up and go trick-a-treating.
The evening started off with the children doing different activities such as decorating cup cakes, making spider web pictures and playing some games. The children also had train rides and horse and carriage rides around the complex.
With about two hundred kids as you could imagine it was madness with them all running around. Once the little monsters, devils, fairies, zombies were all feed everyone made there way to the hunted house which some of the parents had created in one of the empty houses within the complex. Paige just loved walking through the haunted house, she said it was a bit scary but lots of fun.
Then it was off to trick-a-treat which Paige joined one of her friends and her friends mum to go around the complex while I headed back to wait for all the children to knock on our door.
What can I say it was crazy, I have never experienced so many children knocking on my door before, I am so lucky that I had lots of sweets to give out. I found I had to start putting the sweets into the children's bags myself as the older chicken started to get a bit cheeky and grab a little too many sweets all at once. A couple of times I got to scare some of the children as I had some scary music playing and when they where just about at my door I open it and yelled boo.
It was a great evening. I could'nt get over how many sweets Paige came home with, she said that the sweets would last her forever. I don't know about that but I sure know we will be using a lot of tooth paste in the coming week.

Picture: Paige dressed as a devil and Bernadette dressed as a ghost

Picture: Paige, the devil child


Picture: Paige on the horse and cart

Picture: Paige making a spider web picture


Picture: Children decorating cup cakes to eat


Picture: Children playing the donut game

Picture: Paige and Leaham


Picture: The zombie boys

Picture: The endurance to the haunted house


Picture: Inside the haunted house


Picture: Inside the haunted house


Picture: Inside the haunted house

Picture: One of the rooms inside the haunted house


Picture: One of the rooms inside the haunted house

No comments: