Monday 30 July 2007

Ah Mongolia Or Would It Happen Anywhere Else

This week I have been asking myself why and trying to think of positives and things happen for a reason as I keep telling myself.
Ok you all know that we live in an apartment and at times I feel it is a little small so not being one to sit back and wait for things to happen on there own I decided to ask if we could move. This was a while ago and turns out that three days after I had ask to move I found out one of the families was leaving who lived in the same area so I asked if their apartment would be free then we would consider moving to their apartment as it had an extra room, perfect I thought.
Not so easy after all.
There is an apartment free that we could move into but we would have to pay an extra $300 per month out of our own pocket because we have only one child and the apartment costs more in rent then the one we are in now. Ok I thought is there any other apartments out there that we could look at?, maybe has an extra room?, "No" because the company wont be renting any other apartments because a number of expats are leaving (their contracts are being cancelled) plus to top it all off our apartment lease is up for renewal so because we like the area looks like we will be staying put.
So if you can imagine there is a free apartment but we cant move into it because the budget the company sets for a one child family doesnt cover the cost they are already paying for the apartment and I think they would rather see the apartment empty then let us move in. Ok I thought, I am not paying extra to cover the cost, my view is they can pay for an empty apartment if they want to, I have built a bridge and I am over it.
I have made some changes in the apartment that we are in now so Paiges bed and toys are in the same room and we have changed the second bedroom into a study and craft room so now at least I can get back into arts and crafts. It just boggles the mind I really cant help thinking "hmm are we any different to any other expats here" sure there are managers on different levels who are on different wages which is only normal but I cant see how different managers can be to be living in the bigger houses then the rest of the work force who have families we are all from overseas breathing the same air, living in UB weekly. Oh well just goes to show how the world really runs in some companies. Ok its time to move on and get over it I think......... My Blog and I can voice my views I think if I do say so myself.............................

No comments: