Monday 24 January 2011

Strange But True

Living in Indonesia nothing ever surprises me and sometimes I cant believe my eyes. Here are some examples:


I was on the toll road (freeway) heading out to do some shopping when being the time of day there was a lot off traffic so we slowed down. Usually the toll road has three lanes but when the traffic is jammed then the toll road converts to having four lanes. Seems people here use the EMERGENCY lane as another lane.
After Paige came home from the doctors and had her cast on our house keeper was surprised to see the cast on her arm. I told our house keeper that Paige's arm is broken in two places and will have the cast on for four weeks. My house keeper replied "when we have broken bones in Indonesia we get special massage to fix. Ben had a couple of the same comments when he broke his foot from people at his work.

I noticed my driver had the bonnet up on the car so I went out to see what was wrong with the car. I found my driver rubbing engine oil on a cut he had on his leg from a small accident that happened on the way to work. I noticed that the cut was bleeding a bit so I was very shocked and explained what he was doing was totally wrong for first aid and went and got the first aid kit and taught the driver some basic first aid. I couldn't believe my eyes, engine oil as apart of first aid.
Strange but true................

No comments: