Thursday 8 July 2010

The "I" Factor

It is all very exciting when you get the chance to live overseas and having lived in a couple of different countries before it doesn't matter where in the world I have lived there are things that have me asking "Why", "I don't understand" or "I just cant believe it" all comes down to one thing which I like to call the " _ factor". It is just a matter of filling in the blank with an "I" as we are living in Indonesia.
The "I factor" seems to cover things like;
  • When the washing machine is repaired then you are told "It all OK Mrs" and a day later the same problem occurs, you put it down to the "I factor".

  • Your stuck in traffic and you start to think "There must be an accident" , so when you pass the policeman directing traffic he seems to be not helping the traffic flow at all you put it down to the "I factor"

  • When your driver first started working for you, you made sure you told him that you do not lend money and then he asks to borrow money and as well seems not to be able to work a full month without there being some sort of problem, you put it down to the "I factor".

  • You make an appointment for the maintenance man or sales person to meet you at your house at 1pm but they do not show up until 3pm, you put it down to the "I factor".

  • You finally find your favorite box of breakfast cereal in a supermarket and then you look at the price which is $15 and you refuse to buy it, you put it down to the "I factor"

  • You catch the same flight every two weeks and the flight never arrives on time, you put it down to the "I factor".

  • You give simple instructions to be followed and you ask "Do you understand what needs to be done" the person answers "Yes Mrs" and you find out the wrong thing has been done, you put it down to the "I factor".
Living in Jakarta I think there hasn't been a day that has gone by I don't hear myself saying "Oh the "I" factor. The joys of living in a different place other then Australia.

No comments: