Monday 8 December 2008

Goodbye Hanoi

Picture: Local lady in the streets of Hanoi




Well as from the blog post title says "Good bye Hanoi" we are leaving this city and heading back to Australia.
This will be my last blog post from Vietnam. It only seems like yesterday that we arrived and the time has passed so fast, in away we are leaving here all too soon but that's the way life goes.
Living in Hanoi has been fun and an enjoyable city to have spent our short time in. In the past couple of weeks I have had time to reflect on why I have liked this city so much, from the people, the culture, sights and smells it is hard to put my finger on one single thing.
There seems to be something happening all the time from the traffic never stopping, women chatting, people eating on the side walk or just a baby sleeping in it's mothers arms in one of the many shops people call their home, the city of Hanoi seems to take on a life of it's own and all I can say is "I am glad we took the chance to come here".
Our near future will be in Perth, Australia which starts in January so never having lived there before I have decide that my blog will continue as I think it will be fun to keep it going.
We are all very excited in getting back to Australia as when you look at it we have been away for nearly four years so it is a chance to get back to what we call "normal life". Only time will tell where the road leads but in the near future it will be Perth.
Good Bye Hanoi...................................................................

Picture: Some artwork from local artists

No comments: