Sunday 4 May 2008

Hello Hanoi

Well we finally arrived in Hanoi after the flight from London. It has been four days and we are settling in nicely. We are staying in the Sedona Suites which are serviced apartments and are very nice. Paige has been enjoying being able to swim and I think we are all enjoying the warm weather. The time difference from London has taken a bit of getting used to and the first couple of nights we where all up wide awake around 3am in the morning. So far we havent rushed into anything, the hard work starts next week. Ben starts his new job and I start house hunting.
We have been lucky as we have got some great tips from another couple who have been here for a while with the same company.
The area that we are staying in is called Tay Ho and seems quite nice also seems really safe. We have seen many expats walking around at all times of the day and night which is reassuring. We havent really done much exploring but that will come with time. It is kind of strange our taste buds seem to be working over time as all the food here seems really nice and sooooooo fresh. We have not done much cooking as it is really cheap to eat out and we havent had any complaints from our taste buds or stomaches so thats a good sign.
It is all really exciting as this is my first blog from Hanoi so only time will tell how we like things here, I am sure I will have my good days and bad days as it is only expected living in a new country. I can honestly say "so far so good" and I have my fingers crossed that it will continue that way but only time will tell.

No comments: