Sunday 7 October 2007

Watching the AFL Grand Final 2007

Ben , Paige and I watched this years AFL Grand final at the little Iris Pub in town here in UB. An email had gone out to invite the Aussies along to watch the football and enjoy some meat pies on the day. WOW, meat pies something I hadn't had in a while so that was the draw card for me as I didn't follow any of the teams who where playing. Ben I think went for the beer.






Picture: Friends, David & Tracey enjoying the meat pies

The turn out was a lot smaller then I expected and at one stage the signal went dead on the tv as the game started and everyone thought we wouldn't get to see the game. After a couple of minutes the tv came back on and the small crowd that had gathered gave a cheer. It was good to see a bit of Aussie culture and the meat pies sure where yummy, I couldn't help myself I ended up having two. Most people where going for the Cats and everyone was pleased to see them finally take the cup. I must admit it was nice to be surround by friends doing something very Australian.

Picture: Peter enjoying the Cat's winning moment

No comments: